There has been recently a craze amongst netizens to post up ‘MR removed’ videos on the internet which also led to many comparing the vocal powers of various singers.
‘MR removed’ videos minimizes any MR (music recorded) in the song and maximizes the vocal of the singer – the singer’s vocal will be the only thing audible possible.
For a singer who cannot sing well, with all the sound magnification and voice companion at the chorus, the song may sound alright. But with the ‘MR removed’ version, only the vocal of the singer will be clearly audible.
Especially recently, a lot of ‘MR removed’ versions of live performances have been posted on the internet, and netizens have been comparing between singers on their vocal prowess.
Currently, the hot favourites for ‘MR removed’ clips are done mostly on popular groups and also other singers – but dance songs have been given especially sharp evaluations by the netizens.
While netizens felts that singers like Big Bang, Dong Bang Shin Ki, So Nyeo Shi Dae, Cheon Sang Ji Hee and BoA have good live vocal capabilities, some netizens felt that live performances by WonderGirls, KARA and TaeGoon to be disappointing.
SNSD – Gee (MR Removed)
Some of the ‘MR Removed’ clips
- Dong Bang Shin Ki – O Jung Ban Hap live performance
- JaeJoong – Maze live performance
- SS501 – U R Man live performance
- SS501 – Because I am Stupid live performance
- So Nyeo Shi Dae – Kissing You live performance
- So Nyeo Shi Dae ‘Gee’ and WonderGirls ‘Nobody’ live performance
- WonderGirls – Nobody MV
- WonderGirls – So Hot live performance
- KARA – Pretty Girl live performance
- TaeGoon – Call Me live performance
- SHINee – Love Like Oxygen live performance
credit: K Bites
shared by: crazee91